Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/24/2017.

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: hypochrondiac

tulip18 - Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:50 pm

I am 18 years old and have turned into a hypochrondiac in the past year. i really want it to go away and i don't know what to do. i used to be so normal and not scared of anything and i was really healthy. I do have an ulcer right now. I had an abortion a year ago and after that i started reading up about things on the internet how you can die after and thats the first time i really got scared of diseases and when i got the flu i actually thought i might die. its so stupid and i know it. everytime i get a pain i think of the worst thing instead of the simplest thing. it started to get really bad in the past 3 months i got sick with bowel problems and read alot on the internet and i think that made it worse so i am trying to cut back. im wondering what i can do to help myself. will this ever actually go away and will i be normal again. i really want to be myself again because it has effected me so badly. from my relationship to personal satisfaction to my motivation im also depressed.
 Dr. Russell M - Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:44 pm

User avatar Hi!

Do you have hypochondria? A self test may help you to decide on seeing your psychiatrist for further help. Click on the link provided for self test.

bill

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us