Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Question: hypochrondiac

tulip18 - Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:50 pm

I am 18 years old and have turned into a hypochrondiac in the past year. i really want it to go away and i don't know what to do. i used to be so normal and not scared of anything and i was really healthy. I do have an ulcer right now. I had an abortion a year ago and after that i started reading up about things on the internet how you can die after and thats the first time i really got scared of diseases and when i got the flu i actually thought i might die. its so stupid and i know it. everytime i get a pain i think of the worst thing instead of the simplest thing. it started to get really bad in the past 3 months i got sick with bowel problems and read alot on the internet and i think that made it worse so i am trying to cut back. im wondering what i can do to help myself. will this ever actually go away and will i be normal again. i really want to be myself again because it has effected me so badly. from my relationship to personal satisfaction to my motivation im also depressed.
 Dr. Russell M - Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:44 pm

User avatar Hi!

Do you have hypochondria? A self test may help you to decide on seeing your psychiatrist for further help. Click on the link provided for self test.

bill