Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Question: Unwanted Son/Mother Incest Condition

themindgoddess - Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:52 pm

I am writing for a friend who isn't computer literate.

Her (her age 54) son in his 35+ she thought suffered from depression who on and off participated with the family over the years recently revealed to her that during his junior high school years he and a friend would watch porno movies and the friends mother would get involved with them sexually, and his friend (male) would perform oral sex on my friends son. This supposedly happened repeatedly.

In the same conversation the son confessed to his mother that he has always imagined having sex with her and that his current girlfriend will sometimes let him take her from behind and the girlfriend will act like his mother.

I have never heard of anything like this and am seeking suggestions of how to pursue some help for her son and what the condition is called. My friend was pretty much shocked with this unexpected news from her son. I might add she has never been sexually active or even thoughts of anything of the sort.

If you can suggest the type of doctor that could help with that and what causes this and is it curable?

Thanks in advance...... I might add, please don't consider this a joke, this is serious.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:16 pm

There are therapists who specialize in sexual trauma. This kind of relationship can have a traumatic effect on the young man and sometimes results in PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder). I would recommend checking with a behavioral therapy unit or mental health clinic and asking for such a specialist (particularly dealing with incestuous relationships and porn addiction). It may take a while to find the right person or program but it is treatable if he has the desire to do it.

Good luck. It can be difficult to help a friend. Thank you for caring.
 themindgoddess - Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:29 pm

Thank you so much for your response.....
 Tim W Latsko - Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:30 am

To find a treatment professional who can assit your friend's son visit the Safer Society Foundation on-line or ATSA on-line; you can google/search the internet for these websites. These website offer referral to treatment professionals. Best of luck/tim
 themindgoddess - Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:56 am

Appreciate your assistance thanks we'll look up the websites.