Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/24/2017.

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: Unwanted Son/Mother Incest Condition

 themindgoddess - Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:52 pm

I am writing for a friend who isn't computer literate.

Her (her age 54) son in his 35+ she thought suffered from depression who on and off participated with the family over the years recently revealed to her that during his junior high school years he and a friend would watch porno movies and the friends mother would get involved with them sexually, and his friend (male) would perform oral sex on my friends son. This supposedly happened repeatedly.

In the same conversation the son confessed to his mother that he has always imagined having sex with her and that his current girlfriend will sometimes let him take her from behind and the girlfriend will act like his mother.

I have never heard of anything like this and am seeking suggestions of how to pursue some help for her son and what the condition is called. My friend was pretty much shocked with this unexpected news from her son. I might add she has never been sexually active or even thoughts of anything of the sort.

If you can suggest the type of doctor that could help with that and what causes this and is it curable?

Thanks in advance...... I might add, please don't consider this a joke, this is serious.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:16 pm

User avatar Hello,
There are therapists who specialize in sexual trauma. This kind of relationship can have a traumatic effect on the young man and sometimes results in PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder). I would recommend checking with a behavioral therapy unit or mental health clinic and asking for such a specialist (particularly dealing with incestuous relationships and porn addiction). It may take a while to find the right person or program but it is treatable if he has the desire to do it.

Good luck. It can be difficult to help a friend. Thank you for caring.
 themindgoddess - Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:29 pm

Thank you so much for your response.....
 Tim W Latsko - Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:30 am

To find a treatment professional who can assit your friend's son visit the Safer Society Foundation on-line or ATSA on-line; you can google/search the internet for these websites. These website offer referral to treatment professionals. Best of luck/tim
 themindgoddess - Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:56 am

Appreciate your assistance thanks we'll look up the websites.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us