Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: Wellbutrin pain in hands

MichaelO - Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:21 pm

I am a pianist. I play the piano at Church on Sundays, both morning and night.

I have been on Wellbutrin for a couple of years now. I am having problems with muscles contracting in my back and my hands swell and my knuckles have red caps on them. This comes and goes. It does not seem to have a pattern except that I cannot sit or stand for long periods of time without a lot of pain.

My doctors want to schedule a day of tests for MS. I do not have any slurred speach or heavy limbs or balance problems other than the limp that I have with CP.

I went to my dad's doctor in Atlanta yesterday and he ran a ANA test, a sed rate and a RA test. He emailed me that they were all normal. He also did a lyme test. If it were lyme, it would be a late lymes, since I have not felt well in a long time. The results for the lyme test are not yet in. I have read that lymes is very hard to diagnose and does mimic MS in many ways.

Can anyone help me?

MichaelO
windjammersetters.com :?
 DeLWolcott - Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:53 pm

Wellbutrin could possibly cause arthritic symptoms. With consideration of your consistent piano performing, carpal tunnel should be ruled out. Compression gloves to be worn at night may be a possibility in treatment.