Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Question: help me recover from anorexia

dancepassion - Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:34 pm

Hi I am a 17 years old girl who weigh about 97.5 pounds and is 5 feet tall. I am barely in the healthy range who used to weigh 115 pounds last year. Many people are telling me how i lost significant weight. I used to binge last year but stopped and now I turned to this. I am excessively exercising (at first it was just normal activities that I was involved in dancing and swimming) but now I would walk in my neighborhood I would refuse to take a bus and would walk about 3 miles. I would check the food labels and would read those magazine articles about food. I am obsessed on being healthy to the point that I would not eat because it is not healthy. I am scared now because I barely sleep, thinking about what to eat the next day. I am stressed out and this add more stress to me when I try to sleep. My last period was in November. I am not sure what to do. I do not want to tell anyone about this so is there a way for me to recover my period? I see that there are health plans. What are some advice?
 Tim W Latsko - Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:42 pm

Thank you for the opportunity to reply, first let me suggest that you consider confiding in a therapist, medical doctor, or psychologist. You can do this by visiting a community mental health center, school psychologist or counselor who will likely be held to standards regarding privileged information. I believe with the appropriate help you will gain the skills to manage your concerns. Go ahead and take the risk of confiding in a professional; good luck Tim

The reason my response was crafted in that manner b/c given your concern professional guidance is the best treatment mehtod.