Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/24/2017.

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: diffuse headaches due to blood clots?

crisscross - Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:48 am

i suffer from palilalia.One day while continuous talking,I felt some uncomfortable feeling in my head.After that i could not concentrate on my studies and if i did I got diffuse headaches.Do i have a blood clot in my brain???
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:34 pm

Hello Crisscross,

You didn't mention if you take any medications for the palilalia. If you do, there is a chance that your medication dosage requires adjustment to rid your uncomfortable feeling in your head. Not being able to concentrate could easily be related to your concern/fears about having a blood clot in your head. You do not mention having experienced any physical trauma to your head, so I will assume for not that there wasn't any. I can say with fair certainty that your concentration issues are not due to a blood clot in your brain. If there was a blood clot, there would be progressively serious symptoms which would occur quite rapidly and which would leave no question of whether there was a clot or not. However, for your own comfort, please discuss this issue with your doctor. If he/she feels it is warranted, he or she can obtain the appropriate tests/scans to rule out the possibility of a clot.

Good luck to you.

Faye RN, MSW
 crisscross - Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:34 am

thanks
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:26 pm

Hello, crisscross,

I apologize for the late acknowledgement of your second post, but I want you to know that you are very welcome.

I hope that you are doing well.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us