Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/24/2017.

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: giving up or going crazy - any ideas?

Deirdre - Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:14 am

I have been sick for a while now. Very fatigued with nausea more often than not with incredible back pain. I have been scoped in every possible place & have had a Ct scan which showed lesions on the liver. Ultra-sound confirmed they were cysts. Then I had a low grade fever for a long time and sometimes all the glands in the left side of my body in my neck, under my jaw bone and now in my armpit are sore. I often get weakness in the legs and have lost a lot of weight in the past 14 months. I haven't lost anymore but had dropped so much so soon in the beginning. Doctors say there is nothing wrong. I was beginning to believe that. Went to a chiropractor and he took an x-ray and said everything looked good but that my back was in rough condition (out in some places). Great I thought! This is why I have been feeling like I have been. I went to him 5 times and he was very good, however - after each adjustment my glands would swell and hurt again, and I would also get stomach problems again of which I haven't had since the colonoscopy. Weird how every adjustment did this. Now I have a nagging pain in the left breast (3 months) and to add to the list of glands my left armpit is really tender.
I know this is a lot but please shed some light or give me some kind of understanding as to why my glands hurt but I am not sick with a flu or cold or nothing. what could cause this to happen?????? :roll:
 DeLWolcott - Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:43 pm

There is something else going on that needs further investigation. Too many symptoms have been seen throughout this time in my opinion.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us