Question: Concentration issue

sama - Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:28 am

I'm working in IT. I feel I've lost some of ability to concentrate. It happen after long period of stress, about four years. I have issue to focus on some simple calculus, but able to resolve some tough issue. I feel my intelligence is being reduced, although I'm known i'm very Intelligent and skilled by my co-workers.
I'm looking for any help, will regular exercise help me?

Thank you for you help,
Best Regards,
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue May 05, 2009 7:28 pm

I can't promise you anything but regular exercise may help your concentration. We have come to realize the great benefits of exercise that extend beyond the physical. Definitely try this. You may also benefit from alternating your activities so you do not spend too much time in front of a computer screen or on the same tedious task. A change can often help so that you do better when you return.

If it continues to be a problem, you may want to be worked up for ADD - this does occur in adults as well as children.