Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: Lexapro has immediate effects

qnbee476 - Thu May 07, 2009 4:46 pm

If I miss one day of Lexapro, then I can tell the next day. I am not my ususal self. The handouts from the pharmacy say that it can take a couple of weeks for Lexapro to start working. Why does it effect me so quickly? It starts immediate & end immediate for me.
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Thu May 21, 2009 1:28 pm

Hello qnbee476,

Your response to Lexipro is very unusual. It may be an idiosyncratic reaction, or a result of interaction with another drug, or for any unknown reason. As long as it works for you, making sure to take the medication without interruption would solve the issue for you. If you're concerned about it, ask your physician about it and perhaps consider an alternate medication.

Good luck to you.