Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: Adderall and cymbalta extremely TIRED

Claw - Mon May 18, 2009 3:54 pm

I take Cymbalta and adderall I feel fine after I take the adderall, I can deal with people, I can work, I can focus etc.... But after about 3 - 4 Hours I am exhausted, extremely tired. I take 1 60mg of cymbalta in the morn and 1 20mg of generic sub adderall twice a day what do I need to do? Is it possible for me to be able to take 3
20 mg of adderall a day? one in morn, 1 at noon and one in afternoon? I work 12 - 14 hours a day. And what kind of a doctor should I be seeing to help me get the right meds?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:32 pm

Your maximum daily dose of Adderall should not exceed 40 mg. However, sleepiness is a common side effect of antidepressants for some people and often a change in meds helps the problem. You should see a psychiatrist for this if possible - at least a doctor well-skilled in psychiatric medications. It can take a lot of trial and error to find the right mix of medications to help.