Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: Citalopram and Slimquick

LuckyH - Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:38 am

I have been taking citalopram (20mg) for about 9 months and was wondering if is ok to take the slimquick weight loss pills at the same time. I started taking the slimquick weight loss pills today and have felt a little more depressed, but not sure if the slimquick is necessarily causing it. If the slimquick weight loss pills is to be avoided, is there any other kind of dietary supplements you can recommend. Thank you.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:45 pm

Because dietary supplements and herbal remedies are not regulated by the FDA we really have no data to support using these together or not. You should always discuss with your doctor and pharmacist any supplements you take; not just other medications because of potential interactions. I'm sorry I'm not able to be of more assistance here.