Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: Returning to Zoloft

m919 - Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:01 am

Hi. I am a 33 year old female and have been successfully taking zoloft for 4 years for Anxiety and Panic attacks. Over the summer I began tapering down & I was only taking the medication every few days. 5 weeks ago I experienced a panic attack and my anxiety seems to have come back full force. I have been taking my 100 mg dosage every day for the past 4 weeks and have now increased it to 150 for a week and a half. I am concerned because I am still not feeling better and my anxiety seems almost worse. Will the zoloft work for me again and I just need to give it more time at the increased dosage? I am so upset and not sure what to do. I just want to feel like myself again!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:39 pm

I would give the higher dosage a little more time. In most people, going back to the treatment that worked before is very effective but sometimes a person may get kind of a resistance and needs a change to a different medication. It's a trial and error thing but it takes great patience because these meds take a while to work. If after a couple more weeks you still don't feel right, discuss it with your doctor.

Best wishes