Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: Vertigo after drinking and taking lexapro

dirkdiggler - Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:05 pm

I rarely drink alcohol, however, about 5 nights ago i went out with some friends and drank some. I lost track of my drinking very out of character for me. Well I got really drunk and for the last 5 days I have had a fuzzy vertigo feeling. I take lexapro and remeron which I have been on for about 4 years. What is going on with me? Have I damaged my brain? Am I having a reaction?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:01 am

User avatar Hello,Dizziness and vertigo are different.Dizziness is a light headed feeling.In vertigo movement of head would result in feeling of spinning of objects.This is caused by a stimulation of the fluid in the inner ear either due to a infection or sometimes due to alcohol and known as labrynthitis.Also lexapro could have potentiated the effect of alcohol.It should have settled by now being selflimiting in your condition, but if it persists you may need to get evaluated and treated for the same.Best wishes.