Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Question: I think I'm deeply depressed pls help me out

Zeldarules - Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:52 am

Ok so, this all kind of started last year by me being obsessed with texting one random girl then it would turn out that I like them and I would make up **** to make them feel sorry for me. It was like a feeling I enjoyed getting and now this year I get bagged out for being bi and I had a breakup with my gf who I loved alot and I feel really down.
I feel like there is something heavy inside my stomach that makes me feel sad and makes me want to do nothing, I don't even feel like hanging around people anymore.
I also seem to be really mad lately with my mum and dad and even my friends :( please heap me, I feel like I'm going insane
thanks
btw I'm 14 turning 15 and I'm female

I told my mum I was bi and she said I was too young to know but I know I am and now I need to act straight round her.
I think about suicide but don't have the guts to do it and I occassionally cut myself, not very deep but enough to bleed..

AM I DEPRESSED?? PLZZZ HELP MEE :'(
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:49 pm

Hello Zeldarules,

Your symptoms could very well be consistent with a depressive episode. The stressors you're experiencing are serious, and depression is known to happen in your particular age group. I'm very concerned that you are thinking of suicide and that you are cutting yourself. That's called self-mutilation, and it is not a good thing to do, even though it may appear to lessen your stress for a brief time. Based on your thoughts and your cutting, it is absolutely essential that you see a psychiatrist, psychologist or crisis worker right away. You may be tempted to "wait and see", but that's not a good idea. It is a serious situation, and you have to be serious and tell your parents, and get an evaluation as soon as possible.

You may feel that you have to act "straight" for your mother, but once you have been evaluated and are receiving whatever treatment might be recommended and are feeling stronger, you can discuss it with her again. She may surprise you and let you know that she loves you no matter what, but you have to talk with her about it in order to get to that point.

Please let me know when you have seen someone for evaluation, and let me know how you are feeling and how things are going for you.

I wish you the best!