Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/24/2017.

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: am I a hypochondriac??

questionforyou - Mon May 02, 2005 9:15 pm

Hi... I am afraid to call the physician because I feel I may be over-reacting, but at the same time I am really bothered by what has been happening... I started out with some joint pain.. mainly in my left pinky joints. Some others throughout my body seem to ache, but I always think everything is related to stress, so I dismissed it. It gets worse at night. It makes me very cranky and I have been finding myself taking more and more advil every day. Now, for the past week or so, I have this sensation that my hand is falling asleep... also my feet when I wake up in the morning. My pinky pain has returned, as well as some other joints and the tingle sensation comes and goes all day- when I shake my hand and massage it, the numbness goes away...
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue May 03, 2005 12:00 am

User avatar Hi there!
I don't think you are being a hypochondriac. I think you should tell your doctor if you feel that your hand or your foot are feeling week. Sensory symptoms (numbness) are also important.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us