Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/24/2017.

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: interpretation problem in what i read

NJINDAL333 - Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:05 pm

sir
I am a doctor . I have recently completed my MBBS degree .
I am suffering from a problem which I couldn’t solve. I also visited my seniors but they couldn’t detect my problem.

sir, my problem is I can't interpret what I read. I can not understand even comics. when I force my mind to understand the meaning it starts yawning followed by headache, nausea. I am suffering this problem last 3 years.
before that period I was topper of my college.
I don’t have any other problem in hearing , speaking, in touch sensations or any other neurologic disorders.
I am fully desperate and you are my last hope

Thanks
lokesh
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:49 am

User avatar NJINDAL,
Look up the word "dyslexia". It is the inability to interpret what is read. However, what you describe looks more like a psychological problem preventing you from reading. Does this happen with all types of reading. Does it happen with studying more? Is there a history of a psychological trauma related to studying and reading that happened 3 years ago?
These are some of the questions that could help you reach a conclusion.

Regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us