Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: Zoloft sexual side effects permanent?

Spacer51 - Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:30 pm

I am a 27 year old male. I've taken Zoloft in various amounts since I was about 14. The only side effect I ever had was weight gain. About two months ago my doctor tapered me off Zoloft because I am taking Klonopin that is taking care of the anxiety I was perscribed the Zoloft for. The problem I am experiencing is that since I have come off the Zoloft, I have not been able to have an orgasm. I ejaculate, but there is no feeling with it like there used to be. Is this permanent, or normal? As you can imagine, it's rather troubling!
 DeLWolcott - Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:11 pm

I do not believe this will be a permanent symptom. Give your serotonin receptors time to recover and retrain. It will happen eventually.
 Vornan19 - Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:20 pm

Sometimes the sexual side effects of SSRIs can last for many years after discontinuing them. But maybe you will be lucky and they will reverse quickly for you. There is a support group over here:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ssrisex/

Vornan