Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/24/2017.

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE?

tzz - Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:35 pm

For the past 2 months since June of 2005, I have had the most bad feelings. I got assaulted by a person I did not know, and I got injured at a different time later. And for now whenever Iam alone or sleep, My heart starts beating rapidly and I get a pit feeling in my stomach, and I get these bad thoughts that happened those months. And sometimes I get so nervous everytime I ask my parents about the injuries that I have gotten and asked them if they would go away, I think this has to do with paranoya, I also have had a mild loss of interest in my goal. Can anyone please help me. I cant afford a docotor. Is this stress? what is it? My granny saidt all my problems should go away. Is this right?
 Fran01 - Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:38 am

Hi tzz, read my earlier posting, as you can see something terrible has also happened to me, I am still in the process of getting help, but I know that eventually this will be my saving grace. I am sure you will have someone in your area who will be able to council you free of charge. There must be a community centre around in your area or a church or something to that effect. For now you need to talk. Your granny is wrong... things won't dissapear without help. Talk to someone! Good luck!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us