Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Question: What happened to me, black out, amnesia?

Fran01 - Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:26 am

:x
Please help I am so upset. 27 y/o male. Went to party on Sunday 31/7/2005. Had 4 glasses of wine and two shooters within 4 hour period. Left party at 6pm in my own vehicle. Everyone at party said I was 100% fine and didntappeardrunk at all. I stay about 40 min drive from venue. I don't recall leaving the party. My first recollection after +- 6pm is at about 1130pm where I recall being in my car driving with 3 black guys in the wrong side of town. Absolutely the wrong side of town. The asked me to take them to an atm. I drew money, they took it. They had no weapons but I obeyed. They also took my cellphone. My family in the meantime alertedpolice. The guys jumped out of the car and left me there. I was so lost and drove around for an hour before I found home. When I got home my family said I was extremely aggresive and looked drugged and totally drunk.

I don't think I was raped. Went for drug screening only yesterday +- 48 hours later. No signs of date rape drugs, or maruiana or any illigal substance. How on earth did this happen. Was I so scared that I blocked it out. I am on Xanor now, but need to know what happened.. This has never happened to me before. I am on the verge of a breakdown. My family admits it is out of character, but I don't recall anything for about 6 hours. They don't believe that however. Help
 DeLWolcott - Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:22 pm

You could be blocking it out. You could have been given something that just didn't show up in the tests. Since this is not something that you have experienced before, nor can predict, the only thing you can do right now is inform your physician of the experience so it can be documented in case something like this happens again. There may be something in your history that the doctor can follow-up on or maybe testing for other possible causes.

I certainly hope this does not happen to you again. It is hard to convince others of things they have not experienced or do not understand. if you honestly do not remember anything about that night, they will have to deal with that fact. You, in the meantime, need to make sure that you keep yourself in safe situations.