Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: Cymbalta Lexapro etc antidepressants make orgasms impossible

eleminty_cat - Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:14 pm

I'm an 18 year old girl with bipolar disorder. I take Cymbalta and Lexapro which are both anti depressants, Trileptal which is a mood stabilizer, and Buspirone which is an anti anxiety medication. Does anyone know more about the sexual side effects these medicines may have? I have never once been able to orgasm, never, and I am almost positive that it is because of these medications. If anyone knows anything about this, do you know if there is anything else I might be able to take to try and counterract this effect? Does anyone have any information? Thank you.
 DeLWolcott - Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:08 pm

It is possible that it is the medication as sexual dysfunction is one of the more common side effects. I have no suggestions how to counteract these symptoms while on the medications. Sorry.