Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Question: how do i get help

julia - Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:15 am

To Whom it May Concern,
Thank you for your time I will try to be as brief as possible.
My question centers around how does one ask a doctor for help? How do you go to a doctor and tell them you have anxiety; will they believe you? I cannot afford to go to a psychiatrist.
I was sexually abused as a child for over 5 years and also lost both parents at an early age. On the outside I look like the girl next door, but on the inside I am a nervous wreck constantly. I smoke large amounts of pot to mask my anxiety, but as I get a little older the weed seems to make me more nervous. I am only 28 and sometimes it feels like I'm having a heart attack; I can feel my heart surging.
I am nervous to go to a doctor, because I do not know what to say or how to go about getting help. Could someone please help?
 JBrown - Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:19 am

um......Tricky all i can really suggest is to bear it and go and see a doctor. Very very sorry i couldn't help you more. If you want to chat further you can msn or icq me.