Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/24/2017.

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: Drug Interactions

Swinger - Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:28 pm

I am a bipolar patient who has just had all of my medications switched. I am now prescribed:

Ritalin SR 20mg
Wellbutrin SR
Lamictal 100mg

Are there any bad interactions between these drugs I should be concerned about?
 Dr. R. Perala - Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:30 pm

Wellbutrin SR is an antidepressant. Ritalin SR is a medication that may be used to augment the action of antidepressants and/or to counteract fatigue. Lamictal is a mood stabilizer. There are no specific interactions between these medications. The most common interactions that I have seen involving these medications are with alcohol. You should avoid drinking alcohol while taking these medications. Thanks for your question!

Reid Perala MD

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us