Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Forum Name: Antidepressants

Question: Timing of doses - Prozac

kkwa - Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:07 pm

I have started back on Prozac and have been on it for about 6 weeks. I am currently on 40 mgs. I have been taking 20 in the morning and 20 at night and lately I can't sleep at all. When should I take that second dose. I know that there is such a long half life for Prozac, but I do feel better with the split dosing. Is this possible? Is there any benefit to split dosing? What would be the latest I would want to take it so I could fall asleep? Or just maybe take the full 40 mgs in the morning. Please advise. Thank you!
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:51 am

User avatar kkwa
Its good to hear from you again! Doses larger than 20 mg of Prozac should be divided into morning and noon doses.