Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/24/2017.

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics


 Confusedkid1988 - Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:54 pm

hi, I am pretty scared right now. I am a 17 year old male, and average size. I am having constant problems with my body and I just can't seem to get any better. Just the other night, I was with my mom and I stayed in the car while she went inside the gas station. I wasn't doing anything, and then I heard these two voices. I couldn't understand them, but it sounded like they wanted to hurt me, or my mom, I couldn't tell because I didn't know what they were saying and it just sounded like they meant to harm someone. I looked around and puffed out my chest a little, you know trying to act all big to scare them off, but I didn't see anyone... this really frightens me, because I have been under constant major stress, and within the last year I had major depression and thought about death just about everyday, but thank God I got through it. That was the only time I heard voices, and so when I told my mom about it, she gave me a look like you look at a crazy person and said "Well what did they say to you?", I told her that I didn't know, and that was that. I am again pretty freaked out. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Also, since I am already posting a topic, I might as well get everything off my chest. For the past 3-4 weeks I have been having little to pretty bad chest pains. I know I'm not a doctor, but sometimes it really feels like it is coming from my heart. This is very scary for me since I am only 17. I have been also having other chest pains, but in different areas of my chest. I have also was at Sam's 2-3 weeks ago, and I saw the bp testing machine, and I said what the heck, and did it for fun. Well my blood pressure was 150/80 I think, and I was calm during the whole test, didn't do any running to get there, and didn't move or talk during the whole test. I have taken it 5 or 6 times since then and haven't had my systolic blood pressure under 140 and has gotten up to 192, but my diastolic has never been higher than 85. I have no idea if this relates to that, but I have had constant headaches, and sometimes get very dizzy. This morning I was really dizzy to the point where I almost couldn't stand up, and when I would stare at only one thing, it seemed as if everything was swirling around me.

Adding on to those pains (I don't know if they have any relation to these) I have had CONSTANT GAS. ANYTHING that I eat, I will bloat up and get cramps with gas. It is very embarrising, because my stomach swirls around making all this noise, and I am trying to sit in class and learn, but I get weird looks, because everyone around me can usually hear it. I pass gas all the time too, but hold it in during school, which hurts pretty bad. Also I have had a constant "stuffed up" ear that bothers me really bad.

I usually don't complain this much, but I am in pain with all of those things going on. PLEASE HELP ME!! Again I am not a doctor, so some of that stuff might just be normal, but I thought I better list all of it just in case. Thanks ahead of time for everything. I really appreciate everything you people do.

Confused kid1988
 DeLWolcott - Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:05 pm

Best thing for you to do is to get yourself into see a family practice physician for the abdominal symptoms and for a referral to psychiatry for what appears in typing to be anxiety/panic disorder. There are many things that could be going on, but with thoughts of death entering your brain you should immediately seek professional counseling.

Speak to your school counselor if you feel comfortable enough with that. School systems have programs that pay for testing in these kinds of situations for their students.

Stay strong and a solution will be found to help you work through this fearful time.

Good luck!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us