Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/24/2017.

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: i think i'm bulimic

 vicdxx - Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:06 am

Hello i think i may be bulimic,ive always been obsessed with my weight,but over the past two years ive been making myself vomit after binges i don't do this on a regular basis,it varys from one week to the next,i want to stop but im so scared i'll put on lots of weight as my eating habits are terrible,i binge until i feel pysically sick,what help do i ask for from my doctor? im so embarrssed. thanks
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:08 am

User avatar Please, see your doctor as soon as possible. he will be able to recommend a psychiatrist for you. don't be embarassed, your doctor is not there to judge you, only to help you. It is imparative that you see a doctor as soon as possible. Bulimia can lead to a lifetime of health problems if you do not get help.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us