Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Question: Paxil - need help

ittech41 - Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:52 am

I started taking paxil when I was 20 years old. A 20mg Dosage once daily. I am now 27 years old and I have had FANTASTIC results in controlling anxiety and depression. With seven years of paxil under my belt - I am sceptic to change... I feel safe with the product and dosage.
Today I went to the phamacy for a refill and they are OUT OF PAXIL!!! The pharmacist offered me a generic form. I searched the web in hopes of finding a review of the generic version, with little results...
Is GENERIC PAXIL the same as the original? User results or reviews?

thank you for your help.
 Michele P, RN - Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:31 am

The generic version of a medication has the same ingriedents as the regular version of medications so you should not experience a difference in the new rx.

You might *think* you are though due to just *knowing* its not Paxil, but honestly, its a state of mind.

Best of Luck :)