Medical Specialty >> Psychiatry

Doctors Lounge - Psychiatry Answers

Back to Psychiatry Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/24/2017.

Forum Name: Psychiatric Topics

Question: Paxil - need help

ittech41 - Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:52 am

I started taking paxil when I was 20 years old. A 20mg Dosage once daily. I am now 27 years old and I have had FANTASTIC results in controlling anxiety and depression. With seven years of paxil under my belt - I am sceptic to change... I feel safe with the product and dosage.
Today I went to the phamacy for a refill and they are OUT OF PAXIL!!! The pharmacist offered me a generic form. I searched the web in hopes of finding a review of the generic version, with little results...
Is GENERIC PAXIL the same as the original? User results or reviews?

thank you for your help.
 Michele P, RN - Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:31 am

The generic version of a medication has the same ingriedents as the regular version of medications so you should not experience a difference in the new rx.

You might *think* you are though due to just *knowing* its not Paxil, but honestly, its a state of mind.

Best of Luck :)

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us