Percutaneous in-situ coronary venous arterialization is a new less invasive alternative to CABG.
Pregnancy Category B
Mechanism of action of N-Acetyl-P-Aminophenol
Inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins in the central nervous system and peripherally blocks pain impulse generation; produces antipyresis from inhibition of hypothalamic heat-regulating center.
Indications of N-Acetyl-P-Aminophenol
- Analgesic-antipyretic in patients with aspirin allergy, hemostatic disturbances, bleeding diatheses, upper GI disease, gouty arthritis
- Arthritis and rheumatic disorders involving musculoskeletal pain (but lacks clinically significant antirheumatic and anti- inflammatory effects)
- Common cold, "flu," other viral and bacterial infections accompanied by pain and fever
- Unlabeled use: prophylactic for children receiving DPT vaccination to reduce incidence of fever and pain
Contraindications of N-Acetyl-P-Aminophenol
- Contraindicated in the presence of allergy to N-Acetyl-P-Aminophenol.
- Use caution in the presence of impaired hepatic function, chronic alcoholism, pregnancy, lactation.
Adverse effects of N-Acetyl-P-Aminophenol
Negligible with recommended dosage.
- CNS: Headache
- GI: Hepatic toxicity and failure, jaundice
- CV: Chest pain, dyspnea, myocardial damage when doses of 5-8 g/d are ingested daily for several weeks or when doses of 4 g/d are ingested for 1 year
- Hematologic: Methemoglobinemia-cyanosis; hemolytic anemia-hematuria, anuria; neutropenia, leukopenia, pancytopenia, thrombocytopenia, hypoglycemia
- GU: Acute kidney failure, renal tubular necrosis
- Hypersensitivity reactions: Skin rash, fever Treatment of overdose: Monitor serum levels regularly, N- acetylcysteine should be available as a specific antidote; basic life support measures may be necessary.
Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community
Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.
Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.