Medical Specialty >> Rheumatology

Question: Swollen Finger

minky1015 - Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:55 am

For about a month now my finger has been bothering me. At first I thought I might have sprained it but now too much time has gone by. My husband sqeezed my hand and I almost went through the roof in pain. I looked at it more closely today and there is a bump and swelling right over my middle finger knuckle. I only noticed the swelling before but now I'm concerned because of the bump.
 Dr. P. M. Aries - Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:45 pm

User avatar Swelling of the fingers might be a sign of arthritis (inflammation). Pain and swelling of a single or several joints may be sign of a rheumatoid disease, but can also be a sign of many other diseases. Best way to find it out is to visite your doctor, get blood investigations and images. It might be important to find it out early to prevent further damage of your joints.