Medical Specialty >> Rheumatology

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/21/2017.

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

pinky76 - Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:22 pm

I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, which was diagnosed when I was two years old at Childrens Memorial Hospital (Chicago). I have not been to a doctor in a long time because my insurance deductible is too high; and I am worried because I have been experiencing amenorrhea for four months. I have two questions: Is the amenorrhea related to the EDS? Are there any doctors in Chicago who charge patients less money to see them because they can become more familiar with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome by examining cases :roll: ?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:47 am

User avatar Hi pinky76,
The Ehlers-Danlos National Foundation should be able to assist you in locating a physician in your area and provide you with possible financial assistance options. According to the research I have read, I have not encountered a link between absent menstrual cycles and this syndrome. That's certainly not to imply that it does not exist but I haven't encountered it in the literature I've researched.
Following is a link to the foundation:
Click here!
I hope this is somewhat helpful.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us