Question: Permanent Arm Injury

postgarys - Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:57 am

I am doing some research and would like to know how an arm might become permanently injured as the result of an assault. How might it become paralyzed, for example--what exactly would happen to the muscles, bones, and nerves during an assault that would cause permanent damage?

Thank you so much for your help.
 Dr. Russell M - Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:01 am

User avatar Hi!

For assault to bring about permanent damage, I would imagine the assault to have been a major one resulting in amputation. Otherwise, the blood supply to the muscles of the arm should have been compromised for enough time to cause necrosis. Nerve damage may also render the arm useless.

bill