Medical Specialty >> Rheumatology

Question: Cramps

Guitarbabe2007 - Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:05 pm

Hey,
My name is Heather and I am 15 years old. Lately I have been having some cramps not really bad ones but they are uncomfortable. I wouldn't be worried if they were coming with my period but they aren't I get them but no period. I think I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome because I have researched that topic a lot. I have talked to my mom about going to the doctor but she doesn't want to take me yet. The last time I went to the doctor was for a school physical going into 7th grade because I had to I hate going to the doctor they freak me out and make me uncomfortable. Now im at the end of my 9th grade year. My periods have always been irregular about every 3 months but the timing is never the same. I have acne and I started to gain wait mainly in my stomach region around the end of 3rd grade. I also have skin tags and mood swings from what my friends tell me hehe. My older sister has also been diagnosed with PCOS and I was wondering if it is a hereditary thing? Are these cramps something I need to worry about? What should I do? Heather
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:00 pm

User avatar Dear Heather,
Thanks for stopping by The Doctors Lounge again. I would strongly insist that you must go to the doctor and have PCOS ruled out. It is not normal to have irregular periods for such a long time and as we said earlier PCOS does run in families.
 Guitarbabe2007 - Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:30 pm

Hey,
My mom won't take me she says I'm too young and none of this is bad enough to effect me in any dangerous way. She won't take me yet and i don't know how to make her. Do you have any suggestions?
Heather