Medical Specialty >> Rheumatology

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/21/2017.

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Pain in Arm after Sneezing

BigJim - Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:17 am

After I sneeze I get a pain down the entire length of my right arm. It happens about 80% of the time I sneeze.

It's a real ache that lasts about 5 minutes, but I can still feel it, especially in my fingers upto about 15 minutes afterwards.

Any ideas what it could be? I only feel it after I sneeze.

Thanks heaps.
 Dr. P. M. Aries - Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:27 pm

User avatar You might have a problem with your spine. Because of the pressure while sneezing, the verterbra will some kind of dislocate and clamp a nerve. Have you got the expierence that the symptoms will disappear after some movements ? Do you have the same symptoms after special movements like getting heavy things from the floor up above your head ?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us