Medical Specialty >> Rheumatology

Question: Pain in Arm after Sneezing

BigJim - Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:17 am

After I sneeze I get a pain down the entire length of my right arm. It happens about 80% of the time I sneeze.

It's a real ache that lasts about 5 minutes, but I can still feel it, especially in my fingers upto about 15 minutes afterwards.

Any ideas what it could be? I only feel it after I sneeze.

Thanks heaps.
 Dr. P. M. Aries - Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:27 pm

User avatar You might have a problem with your spine. Because of the pressure while sneezing, the verterbra will some kind of dislocate and clamp a nerve. Have you got the expierence that the symptoms will disappear after some movements ? Do you have the same symptoms after special movements like getting heavy things from the floor up above your head ?