Question: Pain in hips

victoria - Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:16 pm

I have had hip pain for 1 year gradually becoming worse. It begins on rising and with gentle movement improves over the next couple of hours, but rarely disappears altogether. About 4p.m. The pain really takes over and increases until going to bed.
I have no pain when lying down. The pain is either deep into the hip joint, or down the backs or sides of my upper thighs. X-rays indicate no arthritis and I have been waiting for 6 months for an M.R.I. scan. I have tried various forms of therapy, but to no avail.
Help would be much appreciated.
 DeLWolcott - Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:47 pm

Have you been on any medications? Has the sciatic nerve been tested? Have you tried any stretching exercises?

There are several possibilities for the cause of your pain and I am sorry that I am not able to give you any "answers".