Medical Specialty >> Rheumatology

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/21/2017.

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: neck pain

ama_nan - Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:58 am

my neck has been hurting where my arteries are. It is not a constant pain and yesterday it hurt more on the right side and today it is more on the left. I have also have these weird headaches but I have always had those
What could it be and why would your neck hurt at this location?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:36 am

User avatar Dear ama_nan,

Neck pain has many causes.

The most common is most probably muscle strains from wrong positions taken by patient during their work or during their sleep.

A very common cause also, is arthritis of the neck but i think that you are still for that. Other causes might be secondary to inflammation or infection. Referred pain is also another cause.

For the time being, i would recommend following the pain and if it gets worse, i recommend that you contact your doctor to be have a physical exam.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us