Medical Specialty >> Rheumatology

Question: neck pain

ama_nan - Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:58 am

my neck has been hurting where my arteries are. It is not a constant pain and yesterday it hurt more on the right side and today it is more on the left. I have also have these weird headaches but I have always had those
What could it be and why would your neck hurt at this location?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:36 am

User avatar Dear ama_nan,

Neck pain has many causes.

The most common is most probably muscle strains from wrong positions taken by patient during their work or during their sleep.

A very common cause also, is arthritis of the neck but i think that you are still for that. Other causes might be secondary to inflammation or infection. Referred pain is also another cause.

For the time being, i would recommend following the pain and if it gets worse, i recommend that you contact your doctor to be have a physical exam.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D