Medical Specialty >> Rheumatology

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/21/2017.

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Back pain, difficult to breath, please help!

cute_snoopy_80 - Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:33 pm

Dear Doctors,
I'm Female, 26 years old.
I have back pain since yesterday morning until now, it is really hurt and make me difficult to breath.
I've never been in accident before.
I have gaining weight since 1 year.
I had felt like this before when I was in university (2005), but I never gone to Doctor because I though I was only tired because I had to lift heavy things a lot at that time.
I don't know what kind of disease this is.
Please help me.
Thank you so much.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:53 pm

User avatar Hi Cute_snoopy_80,

You may have a pinched nerve in your back or possibly you may have pulled a muscle.

You may also have some inflammation of the lining of the chest wall and lungs called pleurisy.

If you are having trouble breathing I would strongly recommend you see a doctor as soon as possible to make sure there is nothing dangerous going on.

Also, if your pain is not improving you should see your doctor.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us