Medical Specialty >> Rheumatology

Question: knee and hip pain

Leana - Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:42 am

hi ,, i'm 26 years old female ,, i'm having a thrombing like pain in my popliteal fossa "back of my knee" accompanied with swelling of the whole leg with heat sensation in the whole leg then a cold sensation with bluish discoloration "as if no blood circulation to the entire leg" and i can't step on my foot .. the pain also comes to my hip but no heat no swelling no discoloration but excruciating pain in all instances, thats doesnt happen when the pain is in the knee ,, the pain stays for 2 or 3 days and disappear .. I went to 6 doctors normal X-rays , normal brain MRI, they all don't know whats wrong .. i
m a fraid that it's a DVT ... please guide me
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:18 pm

User avatar Hi Leana,
I'm sorry we weren't able to answer your post in a timely manner. We are a bit short staffed right now so we try the best we can but sometimes it takes a little while.

I hope you have found answers to your questions. Of course DVT would have been a concern of mine, given your explanation. I'm glad you were under a doctor's care, even if they had not yet been able to find the problem.

Let us know if you have ongoing concerns.

Best wishes