Medical Specialty >> Rheumatology

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/21/2017.

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Fatigue

afontov - Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:33 pm

Hello,
I've been experiencing bouts of fatigue that last for 2-3 weeks in Nov last year, the Feb, and right now. It starts out right when I get up and lasts through the day. It's not like I'm sleepy ,just tired, like jet-lag. Other symptoms are headache, front of head, insomnia, and trouble concentrating. Career is very stressful right now but wasn't back in Nov/Feb. I'm very active (triathlons/running) but I've cut way back on training volume for last 2 weeks without much effect. Last thing, I turned 40 in Jan and had a physical, doctor said blood work was great - iron levels and he checked thyroid since my mother & sister have a condition. He said fatigue was probably response to stress. This all has me spooked especially when I get so tired I can't think at work. Any ideas?

Thank you.
 afontov - Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:23 am

Any MD's have ideas?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us