Medical Specialty >> Rheumatology

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/21/2017.

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: lupus?

sandscollins - Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:56 am

I am a 30 year old female. I am currently not on any medication. I have been diagnosed with costochondritis. I have had blood work done to rule out diabetes and other diseases. I had a blood clot in march or somewhere in that area that was taken care of by a shot of heparin, the cat scan showed I was clear of this. Right now I have a rotating joint pain, never last too long in one area, goes from knees to arms to back to chest. I have severe pain in my chest when laying down or standing on both sides of the chest. I have a sore on my nose and any time I eat anything that is hot not spicy just hot, I feel like my whole face is on fire. My skin feels like it is on fire from my shoulders to my fingers, it feels like I am burning from the inside out. It is burning so bad that since 8pm last night I have drank 8 bottles of water and it is not helping. I have not eaten anything spicy and have tried heartburn stuff but nothing helps. It is almost like a rash is breaking out and feels like a sunburn on the inside. I have suffered from this for a long time but it has got worse the past few days. It burns so bad and I don't know what to do. I am in so much pain but have not been able to get help from anywhere, I am hoping that you can help me.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:21 am

User avatar Hi Sandscollins,

Your symptoms may be consistent with systemic lupus erythematosus. I would recommend you see your doctor and possibly a rheumatologist to have this possibility further evaluated.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us