Medical Specialty >> Rheumatology

Question: lupus?

sandscollins - Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:56 am

I am a 30 year old female. I am currently not on any medication. I have been diagnosed with costochondritis. I have had blood work done to rule out diabetes and other diseases. I had a blood clot in march or somewhere in that area that was taken care of by a shot of heparin, the cat scan showed I was clear of this. Right now I have a rotating joint pain, never last too long in one area, goes from knees to arms to back to chest. I have severe pain in my chest when laying down or standing on both sides of the chest. I have a sore on my nose and any time I eat anything that is hot not spicy just hot, I feel like my whole face is on fire. My skin feels like it is on fire from my shoulders to my fingers, it feels like I am burning from the inside out. It is burning so bad that since 8pm last night I have drank 8 bottles of water and it is not helping. I have not eaten anything spicy and have tried heartburn stuff but nothing helps. It is almost like a rash is breaking out and feels like a sunburn on the inside. I have suffered from this for a long time but it has got worse the past few days. It burns so bad and I don't know what to do. I am in so much pain but have not been able to get help from anywhere, I am hoping that you can help me.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:21 am

User avatar Hi Sandscollins,

Your symptoms may be consistent with systemic lupus erythematosus. I would recommend you see your doctor and possibly a rheumatologist to have this possibility further evaluated.