Medical Specialty >> Rheumatology

Question: Lower leg pain

aldenk2000 - Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:33 am

About ten years ago i had a room divider fall on my leg and scrape the skin off of the top of my shin. the injury healed but left scar tissue on the outside of my lower calf/shin. when i run or do any other type of cardiovascular exercise the scar tissue begin to hurt. The outside of my lower leg is swollen where the scar tissue is. It continues hurting for a few days even when i am just walking. what would you suggest doing to allieviate this pain? Is there a brace that would help? thanks
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:42 am

User avatar Dear Aldenk2000,

This could be either to entangling of nerve endings withing the scar or constriction of your leg by the scar.

i suggest that you visit a surgeon to see whether this scar is causing constriction on your leg and if it is, there is a procedure that can be done to divide the scar so that it stops causing the constriction on your leg.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.