Medical Specialty >> Rheumatology

Question: fibromyalgia and neck pain

taralynn5340 - Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:21 pm

I am a 31 year old female. I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I am having a problem with my neck. My neck does a little jerk to the left at least twice a day. If I try to keep it still, it feels like my neck is fighting to not keep it still. It starts to shake a little(exp:doctor tries to look in my ear and tell me to keep my head still). I physically cannot help it. I was wondering if this is a symptom of fibromyalgia or something more. I do not see this listed as a symptom of fibro.Could it be spasms, nerve damage. I just am so confused. Thank You!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:41 pm

User avatar You are right that this would not be typical of fibromyalgia so you should ask your doctor what else might be going on with you. If you are unable to avoid this even when being examined, the doctor should be able to observe it.