Medical Specialty >> Rheumatology

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/21/2017.

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Ankles

Windancer - Sun Mar 30, 2003 11:48 am

Im a 50 yr old, white male with red areas around my ankles. The areas cover about 4 inches all the way around both ankles. The skin is very sensitive and injures very easily. Any injury becomes infected and takes a lot of care to keep it from getting realy bad. Neosporin usually does the trick but they must be addressed several times a day. It started about 6 months ago with small red patches on the back of my ankles. Any advice and info you can give me? Thank you.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:27 pm

User avatar Looks like a fungal infection. You may need to seek a dermatologist for long lasting treatment.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us