Medical Specialty >> Rheumatology

Question: Ehlers Danlos and Marfan Syndromes

bigfoot7117 - Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:38 pm

Can someone be diagnosed with both Ehlers Danlos and Marfan Syndromes? I'm not sure if this is possible, I have classic signs of both.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:21 pm

Have you been diagnosed with either Ehlers-Danlos or Marfan syndrome yet? I am unaware (and I've looked for them) of any instances of the two co-existing, although I would imagine it's not impossible. It does seem very unlikely however, given the genetic chains that carry these two separate abnormalities.

What markers do you have for either one? Which E-D type do you suspect you may have? While Marfan syndrome is of one type and the signs are typical, E-D comes in quite a number of varieties and each has different markers, and some are very subtle. Additonal information may help us at least point you in the right direction.

Please follow up with us here.