Medical Specialty >> Rheumatology

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/21/2017.

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: all over pain

babyluv2004 - Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:03 pm

Hello, I am a 32 year old female that feels like a 90 year old. I recently found out that I have several bulging disc in my neck and lower back. I also have had a MRI on my brain that showed some sort of spot, not sure what it is yet. I had bloodwork done that showed a positive result for rheumatoid arthritis and hvae been told that I suffer from migraines. Now knowing all the results of all the test has explained some of the pain I have, but not all of it. I have bilateral hip and shoulder pain. These areas feel as if the skin is scalded,very sore to the touch and at the same time there is a numbness. It feels like palces have been deadened for surgery and all you feel is the pressure of touch.Some of the headaches I have feel like lightening bolts striking in my head. I have a burning sensation in my lower back radiating into the buttocks down the outer thigh to about the knees. I also develop very sore places on my head that I cannot stand to touch, not even to wash my hair.My memory and thought process is really messed up. I forget things from 10 minutes ago and loose train of thought in mid sentence. I have been to a nuerosurgeon who said there was nothing he could do and my last appointment with my neurologists was very disappointing. I was told that I suffer from an aoto immune disease and that all I can do is treat the symptoms and learn to live with it. There is surely more that can be done I do not want to just learn to live with it. My life has taken a dramatic 360 in the past year and I would like to be able to get at least part of it back. If anyone has any information or advice, I gladly welcome it. Please help if you can. Thanks, Babyluv2004
 Dr. Russell M - Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:32 pm

User avatar Hi!

I am sorry I cannot be of more help. But have you tried joining support groups for rheumatoid arthritis and migraine? You might find interesting solutions or guidance to experts.

bill

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us