Medical Specialty >> Rheumatology

Question: Neck pain/rash

jean - Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:20 pm

My husband who is in his mid-30's periodicaly has a rash occur on his neck. He says that there is pain. It will last for a day, and then its gone, but will come back the next day or later. It is on the right side of the neck just below the ear.
Can someone please let me know what this could be?
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:05 am

User avatar Hello:
Does your husband have sharp pain or is it more of a feeling of burning, itching or irritation? Does he wear collared shirts? Does he do anything to make the rash go away? Is the rash small red bumps or a large reddened area? Are there any raised areas or blisters? Without more information I would have no way of even making an educated guess. Please write back and describe the rash and when it occurs is he wearing any clothing next to the body or does he use any products on his skin?
Thanks,
Carolyn