Medical Specialty >> Rheumatology

Question: pain above neck and more

semag - Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:19 am

i woke up after sleeping on a couch, with an extreamily sore neck at least thats what i thought at first. i relized after not to long that it was actualy the bottom of my head. i asked my parents what it could be and they thought it was a injured mussle, i was weight lifting the yesterday but nothing involving heavy stress on my neck. I waited all day and it has gotten worse all day. now its night and it feals much worse and there is a presure on my neck itself. also i noticed a strange sore the side of my lip well actualy a little off my lip that i don't think was there before. is this worth visiting my doctor for? Should i make an apointment or go to urgent care? is there anything i can do? what is it? answering any of those question would be extreamily helpfull and moneysaving thank you.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:43 am

For the time being you should stop weight lifting till your neck feals better. You should always lift weights with moderation and under professional supervision. You can try taking a pain killer such as ibuprofen for a couple of days. If things do not improve or any new symptoms arise you should seek a medical appointment.