Medical Specialty >> Rheumatology

Question: Fibromyalgia

mary52 - Fri May 30, 2003 5:00 am

:x Why does it seem doctors just don`t get it about the extreme pain with Fibromyalgia.My entire body hurts and my eyes are extremely sensitive to light.I were sunglasses when it`s cloudy out and sometimes i still get migrains when i go outside.I need sleep!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat May 31, 2003 6:20 am

User avatar Dear Mary52,
Fibromyalgia is a very disabling disease however, with appropriate therapy it may resolve. You can find some information about your disease here:

:arrow: fibromyalgia.htm" class="postlink">Click Here!

If you have any further enquiries post them here.
 Hedgehealer - Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:49 pm

Dear Mary52,
I understand and sympathise completely. I too have Fibromyalgia and am in horrible pain all the time but my doctor will only give me nabumetone for the pain. I have told him it does nothing to help, yet he will do nothing more for me stating that the nabumetone has not had time to work yet. I have been taking it now for two full months at a dosage of 1500mg per day and it has done nothing. I suppose I should also mention that my current physician does not believe in Fibromyalgia....he thinks it is merely random symptoms to be controlled and is not a syndrome, disease or illness. I wish the doctors could live with my pain for one week and then maybe they would understand.

Hang in there.

Hedgehealer