Medical Specialty >> Rheumatology

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/21/2017.

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Fibromyalgia

mary52 - Fri May 30, 2003 5:00 am

:x Why does it seem doctors just don`t get it about the extreme pain with Fibromyalgia.My entire body hurts and my eyes are extremely sensitive to light.I were sunglasses when it`s cloudy out and sometimes i still get migrains when i go outside.I need sleep!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat May 31, 2003 6:20 am

User avatar Dear Mary52,
Fibromyalgia is a very disabling disease however, with appropriate therapy it may resolve. You can find some information about your disease here:

:arrow: fibromyalgia.htm" class="postlink">Click Here!

If you have any further enquiries post them here.
 Hedgehealer - Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:49 pm

Dear Mary52,
I understand and sympathise completely. I too have Fibromyalgia and am in horrible pain all the time but my doctor will only give me nabumetone for the pain. I have told him it does nothing to help, yet he will do nothing more for me stating that the nabumetone has not had time to work yet. I have been taking it now for two full months at a dosage of 1500mg per day and it has done nothing. I suppose I should also mention that my current physician does not believe in Fibromyalgia....he thinks it is merely random symptoms to be controlled and is not a syndrome, disease or illness. I wish the doctors could live with my pain for one week and then maybe they would understand.

Hang in there.

Hedgehealer

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us