Medical Specialty >> Rheumatology

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/21/2017.

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Temporary leg semi-paralysis

Kazuko Hiro - Wed May 06, 2009 1:39 am

My grandmother, age 67, weight approximately 70 kg, has suffered yesterday something which resembled a temporary leg semi-paralysis.Now she is stabilized but her muscles are contracted and she can not move very well.Please help us identify the problem, as she does not want to go to a doctor.I do not know in which category to put this problem, so if this isn't a rheumatology subject, please guide me to the right forum.
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Sun May 17, 2009 9:45 pm

User avatar Hello,
Sudden onset of limb weakness with change in tone are symptoms and signs of a stroke.

I would recommend having a prompt evaluation done by a physician.

Take care.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us