Medical Specialty >> Rheumatology

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/21/2017.

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Pain in the foot

Sand runner - Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:13 pm

Hello, about 2 years ago I was in a accident on a 4-wheeler. I stretched my tendents and ligaments in my ankle and foot. Went to the ER. I was put in a boot and on crutches. No weight berring for 3 weeks. Then I could try to walk with the boot, for the next 3 weeks. After that I was put in a smaller boot until I could get around good. I was in physical therapy for about 4-5 weeks. I went to my foot dr and told him I was still having pain in my arch. He had a MRI done and it showed a small bone spur (or the ex-ray did) but he was not concered about it. He gave me arch supports and said I should be fine. 5 months later here I am with a pain on the bottom of my foot( around the arch/right before my heal starts on the bottom. I can push on it and find the exact spot. It hurts to walk on it and if I have to stand I can not put any weight on it. and it just aches and throbs after the end of the day. Has some swelling. Do you think I should go back to make sure there is not bone spur or could it be something else?

Thank you
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:46 am

User avatar Hi Sand runner,
A bone spur can be quite painful and is easily detected by xray. I would suggest a re-evaluation so if this is what is causing your problem treatment options may be pursued.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us