Medical Specialty >> Rheumatology

Question: Slanted Shoulders and ITB pain

ddlucero - Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:02 pm

Last January I went to physical therapy for ITB friction syndrome. When I was at therapy the lady noticed I have crooked shoulders. I don't have scoliosis. She reset (i believe that is the term) my hip and massaged my back , and my shoulders were even. She said she had noticed spasms in my back. Even after the therapy, my ITB still feels real tight when I run and my shoulders are still crooked (they went crooked a couple of days later). Do you suppose there is a connection between my crooked shoulders and my ITBs hurting? Any ideas on this would be great. Thanks :)
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:37 pm

User avatar ddlucero,
What caused the ITBF syndrome? I don't think the shoulder problem has anything to do with ITBFS, but it could be related for example to the type of sport you are undertaking and the way you are performing it.