Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/19/2017.

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Recovery Time

amnesia_baby - Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:08 pm

I'm having thyroid suregry done to remove a suspicious tumor located on the left side of my thyroid. Can anyone tell me how long I will need off before I can go back to work? And what restrictions I will face, i.e. driving, bathing, etc. Thanks so much.
 Dr. N. Haider - Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:32 pm

User avatar :arrow: hi there

a thyroid surgery for removing such a tumour can be a small procedure like just removing just the suspicious swelling, or a lobe removal as a whole.

whatever the surgeon does in your case, u ll require a 2-3 day in-hospital care only. no restrictions on driving. stithes are usually removed after a 7-10 day interval. u might want to rest until stitches are removed. altho not necessary.

hope taht answers ur query.
 amnesia_baby - Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:41 pm

Pefect, thanks so much!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us