Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Non-Surgical Mole Removal?

detroitpistons363 - Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:09 pm

I wanted to know if there are any mole removal creams or non surgical products that remove moles. I reshearched the web and found the products dermatend and also mole wart vanish, but im not convinced it will work. Do you know of any non surgical products that can really remove moles and such?
 Dr. Tino Anthony Solomon - Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:31 pm

Hello there,

Before you consider removing your mole I would recommend you take note of its appearance and size. Is this mole new or old? Where is it located? Has it changed in size or pattern? I am not an expert in mole removal and am only familiar with surgical mole removal from observing seniors performing this, either for aesthetic purposes or to remove suspicious moles for histopathological testing. My best advice to you would be to post this question on the dermatology forum as they are best at dealing with these.

Kind regards,

Dr Tino Solomon
BSc(Hons) MBBS
Senior House Officer in Surgery